Vision and Aims
"To build a vibrant and sustainable Volunteer Centre that values and promotes Volunteering in the community through a spirit of cooperation"
"To create an environment in which the process of Volunteering is made easy, enjoyable and accessible to all members of the community and to link Volunteer opportunities to individuals and organizations that wish to participate"
- Assist volunteers of Busselton-Dunsborough in finding rewarding positions which fulfill their needs.
- Demonstrate the integrity and value of volunteering through education, training and the promotion of best practices.
- Support managers of volunteers in their enlistment, support and management of suitable volunteers
The objectives of the Centre shall be to:-
- Promote volunteerism through the encouragement of voluntary participation in health, community services, recreation, sport, youth, educational, cultural, environmental, civic and other programs.
- Advocate the principles of equity and participation within the volunteer centre.
- Provide support to volunteers and agencies utilising volunteers through the provision of a central coordinating service.
- Offer relevant information and resources to, and about, volunteers.
- Recruit volunteers and refer on to registered members.
- Follow up and evaluation of volunteer placements.
- Consult with all community groups in Busselton-Dunsborough.
- Seek corporate and other sponsorship for the Centre.
- Promote the Centre's Objectives to the Busselton-Dunsborough Community.
- Maintain links with the Volunteer Centre of WA and Volunteer Australia